Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Furlough

So a lot has happened since my last post. For the silence I am deeply sorry. To catch you up here is  a brief recap of the time: Friend visited from Germany we went to a Thunder game (and won of course), the stock yards and saw a rodeo in Ft. Worth, and had multiple Thanksgivings! My Grandpa Harry passed away in December and my mom was in the hospital for abdominal issues. In February my mom and Grandma packed up and moved to Denison, TX to be closer to my brother (apparently I'm chopped liver!). I got a new puppy in April for my birthday, a cream colored golden retriever her name is Anna Mae, but I call her Anna Banana. Mom found a new job in Denison and grandma made some friends and started to learn her way around town. I moved downstairs to the main house and rented out my apartment. Not much happened during the summer I thought about moving to TX but decided I really like the Valley. Fall rolled around and grandma was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer and mom was in and out of the hospital 3 times for stress which manifested in multiple forms. Grandma went through the treatments and had 2 weeks of radiation and came out cancer free! Luckily they caught it early enough it was manageable!  And here we are the start of 2015.

My newest obsession is Pottery. I want to take a pottery class so very bad I can taste it! I can't help but think of the refining process that pottery goes through and how we go through a refining process as Christians. The care that is put into each pot, the molding and trimming process. The same way God deals with us, molding us like him and trimming away the parts of our lives that hurt. Thoughts for today. I'll do my best to get back in the swing of blogging.

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

No comments:

Post a Comment