Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Sinful Woman

Today I was reading Luke 7 the last section of chapter 7 is entitles Jesus Anointed by the Sinful Woman (v36-50). Verse 47 really spoke to me lately, "Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little". Jesus goes on to tell her that her faith has saved her in verse 50.

This story has always stood out to me, she has willingly gone into a place she knows she probably will not be well received because she needs to show her love to and for Christ.

Do I do the same? Does my church? I often wonder if someone were to walk in off the street on any given Sunday if they would have any ounce of hesitation for fear of feeling like The Sinful Woman. Would they been greeted with love and welcomed? Or would they be made to feel like an outsider? Someone no one tells they can't be there but no one goes out of their way to make sure they are welcome.

Am I willing to put love for Christ and love for others above all else? I know the answer, but that doesn't mean I always follow it.

It seems like a constant battle of what I know I should do and what I actually do. I don't think my great love has shown, has yours?

Be good and do good- Sarah B

No comments:

Post a Comment